Saturday, October 3, 2009

Today was all smiles

*A hike down Meadowdale Beach with the family. Especially the walk back up and Alexis marching up each hill - she called mountains.

*Spontaneously stopping at a church's community block party and watching Alexis eyes light up when she saw they had facepainting. It was a completely free event. I love seeing church doing good things for the community.

*Running into Shayne's friend at the event and getting to know his parents a little better. They are adopting a 14 year old boy from West Africa. Amazing heart this family has. His mom plans to start selling handmade jewelery for extra money for the adoption; when she has it set up I'll be sure to blog about it.

*Putting together an amazing salad for dinner and making all my nutritional goals for a Saturday.

*Getting my order from Twopeas that has my niece's birthday present along with fun stuff to play with at my getaway next weekend. She's going to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment