Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Acomplishing something makes me smile

I have been telling myself for a couple weeks now that I need to spend more time on the rental in Lake Stevens... its been vacant for over a month. Today was the day, I took charge and put up all new signs, posted it on craigslist and even put a new border in Alexis' old room. And it felt good! And guess what! When I got home this evening from Bible Study (another thing that made me smile today) I had a message from someone that wants to look at the house. BIG SMILE!!!

So I'm reading the book by Philip Yancey "What's so amazing about Grace?" for a women's bible study group. I am really enjoying it. Tonight was the night we meet to talk about the book and I love how I am not the only one that struggles with Grace, giving and receiving it. It brings a relieved smile to my face.

There's a lady in the group that is such a beam of light, ray of sunshine or whatnot. She doesn't attend the church the bible study is held at but is a friend of another participant. I feel so blessed that she's there. She talks with such passion and conviction of giving Grace to those around us but not compromising who we are. The stories she tells of experiences she's had bring me to tears usually tears of joy. It makes me smile that God brings special people into our lives at just the right moment.

Oh lastly I smiled after a long almost 2 hour workout today where for the first time I ran 13 minutes on the treadmill during a 20 minute exercise, that was followed by 10 minutes on the bike and 10 minutes on the elliptical. I feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment