Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Alexis! and Scrapbooking post.

My baby girl turned 7 today! I can't believe it. She is the perfect daughter, she loves shopping with me, she love scrapbooking with me and she love cuddling with me. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful little girl as a daughter.


I chose an old photo for the Glee contest going on at Dixie Pieces. We needed to use a Beatle's song title as our layout title. If you look closely you can see Alexis is holding Daddy's (Steve's) hand. So I chose the song "I want to hold your hand". -its funny how I can't just say this line, I sing it everytime. It was fun to work with this picture of her less than a year old as she turned 7 today. My layout is supposed to have a 60's Classic Rock feel. Not exactly sure if I acheived this or not, I used a color combo that makes me think 60's.


The other challenge this week was to make a card that had a sentiment that used atleast 1 word from our layout title. I decided to make a gift topper instead. Right now its held up by a wooden thread spool but it would also look nice laying atop a wedding gift. The leaves say "to have and to hold".




I hope you have a wonderful Alexis' birthday day - we're off to build-a-bear and a nice dinner.

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment